If you can't turn on the camera, please follow the following steps to troubleshoot and recover.
- First of all please make sure you hold the power button for a few seconds to turn on the camera. Verify that the USB cable and the camera charging port are free of damage.
- We recommend that you use a charging adapter with a minimum rating of 5V-1A. Some computer USB ports may not have sufficient voltage/current to charge the Model P camera, especially if you are charging it for the first time.
- Once you plug in the charging cord and connect it to power, the charging indicator light (it's right below the small panda figure on the back of the camera) should turn solid red. And the camera screen should also turn on automatically within a few seconds.
- If the charging indicator light does not turn on, the camera is not connected to the power. Please verify that the power supply, charging adapter and USB cable are in good working condition. Try another electrical outlet and/or charging adapter.
- If the charging indicator light is flickering, the power source does not provide sufficient voltage and current to the camera to charge properly. Use another electrical outlet and/or charging adapter.
- If the charging indicator light turns on, but the screen does not after it's plugged in. Please plug it in and then do a hard reset. See this video if you are not sure how to do a hard reset.
- If the charging indicator light and the screen both turn on, but turn off immediately, the battery level is too low to start the camera. This can be recovered.
- Use a charging adapter that has a minimum rating of 5V-1A to connect to the camera, the red charging indicator light should be on. If not, the camera is not connected to power. See step 4. above before you go to the next step.
- While the camera is turning itself on, press and hold the reset button above the charging port with a pin for 30 seconds (I'd recommend the pin to open phone SIM card holder or a paperclip). See this video if you are not sure how to do a hard reset.
- Leave the camera plugged in and charge for ~2 hours. The charging indicator light will turn off once it's fully charged.
- If you've tried all the above steps, and it still didn't work. Please take a short video and send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our team will assist you further.
If the video is too large to send via email, we recommend that you either compress it first or upload to a cloud storage such as Google Drive, Apple iCloud, Dropbox and share the link with us. You may also use We Transfer to send large files.